View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenissimusDux View Post
I'm not the biggest Twitter user but I logged on today and saw this tweet from SSH, explaining his recent depression. He's taking a rest for a while.

This is terrible news and I feel just awful. I haven't followed his blogs/twitter for too long, does anyone know if SSH has ever described having a history of this or anything similar? Severe depression is an absolute killer and I really really hope he recovers as quickly as possible.
My Twitter usage is minimal but I have read through most of S.S.H.'s tweets (albeit briefly and apart from the very early tweets 2011~) and other writings and as far as I can tell, little to none of his words gave any hints of depression and related matters. His tweets are for the most part uncontroversial and the closest things that I can recall that could be considered complaints are about the weather (e.g. too hot, too cold, etc), issues relating to his health/body/lifestyle (e.g. I'm tired, I'm sleepy, etc), and various Coronavirus-related comments. So this recent news seem to have come out of nowhere. Even with his tweets a few days ago, I am still unclear exactly the nature of the issue.

In the period of June and July, he had redesigned and updated his website; made a new YouTube channel and uploaded a few videos; and composed some new songs. Due to this recent activity as well as him publicly announcing and seeking freelance work, my impression was that he wanted to get busy with work again.