View Single Post
Old May 29, 2014, 02:37 AM
Trusted Editor

Drossin is also credited in Sonic 3 as "Sound Special Thanks", yet none of his music is in the final version. I remember reading somewhere that the Virtual Sonic album that Drossin released in 1996, was actually recorded in 1993. (the same time the music for S3&K would have been written). this is interesting, since that album includes the main theme of S&K. (and also some songs from Sonic Spinball and a beta song from Comix Zone :P)

so while it's possible (and most likely TBH) that Drossin had written the S&K exclusive stuff before the release of Sonic 3 in early 1994, it makes you wonder why Sega would contract him to do it in the first place when they could had their in-house sound team do it. Remember that they had already contracted CUBE to assist on the soundtrack as well, with Miyoko Takaoka doing Marble Garden and an unused bonus stage theme, and Hikichi probably doing songs as well. (need to confirm that)

it seems that every time you find something new about this soundtrack, another contradiction or mystery appears :P

PS, I take back what I said above about Tatsuyuki Maeda doing most of the soundtrack.