View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:54 PM

!!!!!

I've been looking for that last battle remix for months (lost it in a hard drive corruption), and thought I'd never find it again. Unlike layzee, I think it's way more than average - certainly a lot better than I'm used to in random Japanese VGM remixes, which far too often can sound like a very poor MIDI remastering (just like a lot of American remixes fall to the prey of being bad rock covers/techno interpretations). The simple but brilliant integration of "To Zanarkand" alone puts it above a lot of video game composers in terms of clever theme reuse. Thank you for posting it.

Cedille, if you remember who the arranger is, please tell us!

I also remember when that fake last battle theme hit, right down to the sound effects.....ah, back in the day before we could extract audio files directly from the game before most people even have the game. I kind of miss those days of mystery. I think there was a fake FFIX battle theme before it was released, too.

Anyone remember the "Sky Theme" supposedly from Final Fantasy X? It's really from a Korean band, but it's pretty much impossible to get the straight story of how it's connected to Final Fantasy X (I'm pretty sure it isn't, of course, but....)