View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonEnRegalia View Post
His presence is sorely missed! Kageyama and Sato can only hold their own so long before they begin to repeat themselves—Ichinose's definitely better at avoiding his own excesses, and his style's more interesting to listen to anyway. Adachi really carries X/Y's score, just judging by the style and conspicuous return of actually-developed trainer eyecatches. Hearing Masuda arrange his battle tunes after only composing last gen is interesting, however shaky that turns out.
How do you know what everyone composed and arranged before release of album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonEnRegalia View Post
Hearing Masuda arrange his battle tunes after only composing last gen is interesting, however shaky that turns out.
This is what i I thought. That explain why some arrangements of battle themes are too simple and sooo boooring...:/ Especially Trainer Battle and Rival Battle.
For me battle themes are probably the weakest part of this score. They need more originality and diversity.

I watched some episodes of XY anime (despite I don't like it, though XY anime looks better than I thought, still not really great, but better) out of curiosity, mainly for music and Shinji Miyzaki's arrangements of battle themes sound a lot better, especially Rival Battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Exactly how I feel. Still at least he got to write music for something ~ the Soriti Horse music sounds great.
Of course. Soriti Horse looks like funny game and it deserves good music. I wanted to hear more his non-Pokémon music (I know Drill Dozer). Just the shame that at the expense of his role on XY score.
I found long interwiev in Japanese where Go Ichinose was called lead desinger (and sound desinger of course) for Soriti Horse http://gigazine.net/news/20130801-solitiba/.

Go Ichinose gone from XY sound team, but at least someone from my country works at Game Freak as concept artist (and he designed some characters for XY) I mean Rafał Gosieniecki http://jp.linkedin.com/pub/rafal-gosieniecki/26/bbb/71 (in the credits Polish letter "ł" in his name was replaced with "l").