View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
I'm in the process of archiving my whole CD collection right now with EAC. However, I would like to verify these files (WAV). Does anyone know any sort of program that can compare them files to the original CD?

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
I've had some CDs that were without errors according to the log but the WAV files were damaged.
Precisely I was working just few months ago with a simple program that compares the CRCs of the data information of the wav files against the CRCs contained in the log file, in order to make sure that these wav files are legit and match the information contained in the EAC log (it only works with English logs for now, though). The purpose of this program is just to make sure that the wav files haven't been corrupted/adulterated in the meantime after the ripping process.

I provide below the source code. You should be able to build it with Qt for the specific OS you're using:

https://mega.nz/#!6MAUGSoK!p0bEFN_9K...C7Za4IA6VNn0QY

(The reason why I'm not uploading the binaries for Windows is because I received a bitter complaint from a contact claiming that his antivirus reported that it contained malware. So there's a chance that I have some infected dll from the system that coincidentally is used in the static linking process during the compilation. Anyway, if you can't manage to compile it yourself, I will try to build it in a clean system in the next days. Or if someone else can do the compilation task in my place, then much better.)

If you use my program and it tells you that the wav files are correct, but in turn they have some artifact that is not a pressing error of the original audio from the CD, then it means that the rip process went definitely wrong and the result contains errors. As other users already stated above, doing a rip only in copy mode (and even worse, using the "burst" mode) doesn't mean that the result won't contain errors even if the log tells you that "no errors occurred". In order to minimize as much as possible that risk (it can't be reduced to exactly 0%, though), you should do at least the following:

1. In "drive options", change the "burst" mode by the "secure" mode.

2. Also in "drive options", uncheck "drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information". I have even seen rips containing errors, even with matching test & copy CRCs, because of using that feature. You definitely should make sure that the C2 pointers are disabled.

3. Rip in test & copy mode ("Action/Test & Copy Selected Tracks/Uncompressed...").

Last edited by ketsuban; Sep 3, 2019 at 06:23 PM.