View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2013, 02:03 AM

Quote:
With regard to the Twitter account, I never doubted that it was his, but how can you tell from the username that it's Nakajima and not Nakashima? That's why I didn't mention it. And really, if you're taking the reading from the username, why not Jilow?
Again, I can't prove that 中島 is read as Nakajima and not as Nakashima, although the former is rather more common. Anyway, what leads me to believe that the family name of 中島次郎 is Nakajima and not Nakashima is the existence of a recording engineer credited as Jiro Nakajima. And about Jilow, it would be another case of stylized romanization, just a liberty of the artist, but in this case there are no hits for anyone named "Jilow Nakajima" and neither for "Jilow Nakashima", that's the difference.

And well, I don't know if this will be enough or not for you, but it's worthy of mention:
Credit 1 Credit 2 (On these albums there is a Jiro Nakajima credited as assistant engineer as part of the Studio Terra)
Credit 3 (On this album, the same as credit 1, you have all the credits in japanese, and guess what a 中島次郎 is credited as 録音助手 (assistant engineer).

I haven't been be able to connect him to Sound Sky Studio but I have been able to do it with Studio Terra which is a sub-studio of EMI, a company with which 中島次郎 has collaborated in several occasions.

Now, it's up to you.

Last edited by isdapi; Mar 30, 2013 at 02:06 AM.