View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
21: Credited to Isayama and Masako Oogami, so those notes you posted of it being composed by Oogami and arranged by Isayama are probably correct (I think you confused Oogami with Okubo?). It's originally from AC1, which Oogami worked on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
- Night Butterfly - arrangement of Night and Day (21) > A=Nobuhide Isayama, C=Masako Oogami (AC1)
I don't know where you guys get these specific composer credits regarding Air Combat (the first Ace Combat), that Oogami composed 'Night and Day' and Isayama rearranged it.

I've beaten the game just to see the composer credits and they're stated as Nobuhide Isayama and Masako Oogami, in this order.
AFAIK there's no official soundtrack release to Air Combat either, that would have a composer breakdown.

1.21 - 'Night and Day' is from Air Combat (composed by Nobuhide Isayama and/or Masako Oogami, as per the game credits) and was rearranged for AC2 by Nobuhide Isayama and/or Masako Oogami (as noted in the iTunes release)

2.02 - Night Butterfly's first half is yet another rearrangement of 'Night and Day', the second half is an early version of 'Aim High' (composed by Isayama, this doesn't mean the first half was composed by only Oogami, it means we don't know because it was never specified originally).

Chronologically ordered:
Night and Day (Air Combat version)
Night Butterfly (AC2 Sound Invitation version)
Night and Day (AC2 OST version), Aim High (AC2 OST version)

Isayama composed many tracks for AC2, yet Oogami is only mentioned for tracks that are rearrangements of Night and Day from Air Combat.

So based on the above, my personal opinion is that Oogami was involved only in Air Combat, and the AC2 rearrangements were made by Isayama.

What's safe is to credit both of them, Isayama first and Oogami second.

A different track, 'Invitation to ACE COMBAT 2' was composed by Nobuhide Isayama & Kohta Takahashi according to the iTunes release, here it's credited to Hiroshi Okubo & Tetsukazu Nakanishi (as well as on the Sound Invitation).
Which information is correct?
The track is an early version of Bear Tracks which, according to the iTunes release, was composed by Nobuhide Isayama. No composer is given here in the OST CD, but Kohta Takahashi is credited as guitarist, which corroborates the iTunes release.

On http://dzone.sakura.ne.jp/1namco/dis.../slps00830.htm there are no credits for disc 2, so someone here mistakenly put Isayama in the notes as composer of disc 2: track 2.
It's disc 1: track 2 'Lightning Speed', which is again in accordance with the iTunes release.

Disc 2: track 2 'Night Butterfly' was composed by Isayama and/or Oogami as stated in the credits roll of Air Combat and the iTunes release of the AC2 soundtrack.

Last edited by DanteLectro; Nov 29, 2011 at 03:58 PM.