View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:22 PM

I am well aware of the FF2 music's similarities to RMX, in fact, i actually heard FF2's music first :P, so RMX's music actually put me in mind of FF2 when i first heard it.

As for X2, X2 was composed by Yuki Iwai, not Yuko. And even then, not all songs were rock style in X2, maybe about half and half? Also, it has been confirmed that one rock styled tune was from Setsuo Yamamoto, and it is obvious storm eagle is his work as it resembles Cyclops's theme from X-Men MA. Comparison of musical style rather than theme is more what i go by, and that is how i got boomer kuwanger being yuko's, i hear many elements that mirror that of her other works, there's slash man elements, BoF2 elements, RM6 elements, etc. And it progresses much like a yuko song, so yeah.

As for the channel usage, maybe, but Yuki also worked on FF2 and there is one song in there that leaves out two channels, it's the France Stage theme, and it sort of sounds like a SFIII theme, which yuki also worked on. As for Sound implementation, the composers do have a little to do with what they work with. They pick the style of music they do, the instruments set up for them, how they want to lay it out, including the ammount of channels they use, the channel usage and how they want vibrato to be done, or how they want to blend things together or make an extra effect aside from what the sound directors set up for them, it's up to them.

And yes, i do quite agree about the interviews. As i have said many times in the past, i would love an interview with Yuko, there are some things to do with her i want to know, we just need to know how to get in contact with her.

Anyway, sorry if i seemed condescending, i did not intend to be, just mind that i was merely giving out my point from what i know, and do not in any way intend to put anyone down.