View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2010, 04:59 PM

Being a big fan of Yuki Iwai, I've always thought she had a pretty unique sound and was fairly unorthodox, especially her harmonic structuring. This leads me to believe she composed something like Sigma Fortress 2. Other guesses: Sigma Battle 2, Sigma Defeated (pretty much sounds like a continuation of the proceeding), Ending, Staff Roll... I'm beginning to see a trend here; mostly the end game tunes.

Yuko Takehara tends to compose very simplistic tunes with basic structuring. She seems to focus on simple melodies and rhythms. She doesn't seem one for using complex syncopations or the like. I'm not a big fan of hers, and maybe for this reason, but I do love the MMX soundtrack so maybe she was doing something right somewhere.

I'm not all that familiar with the other composers, but I definitely noticed the similarities between X-Men: MA Cyclop's theme and Storm Eagle myself. Same key, same scale. But then again, it could be a mere coincidence, or Setsuo being influencing by a peer who wrote Storm Eagle. The speculating can go so many ways.

Maybe I'll give this a full spin sometime and see what else I can speculate.

P.S. - Whoever wrote Spark Mandrill is the fucking champ.

Last edited by strugglepoo; Oct 29, 2010 at 05:03 PM.