View Single Post
Old May 14, 2011, 08:12 AM

@HarukameiKasumo
UPDATED BREAKDOWN ABOVE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:

-I now think you're on point with associating the Round 5 theme to Setsuo because this game serves as the reason he arranged Bay Area for Stage Rolento in Alpha 2. It only makes sense that he did Rolento's stage in Final Fight 2 for him to specifically take charge of that character later on (and since his level in FF2 is a bay it also explains why Bay Area [Round 5] from Final Fight 1 was used instead of Industrial Area [Round 4] for Rolento [Round 4 Boss]). Lift Fighter II is technically not his theme since it is used a second time, and I suppose it resembles Magna Centipede a bit.

-Sleep Junk Down [Round 5], now that I've listened to it more, gives me an Armored Armadillo vibe (not Yuki).

-Lift Fighter II [Stage 5 Boss] uses the same general approach as Sting Chameleon [with the outro] (which I use to think was Iwai's), but the background of the latter track is clearly Yamamoto's. On the other hand, the general idea to reuse the intro for his Alpha 3 theme (by Takayuki) might be because it was originally his wife's (had Yuki composed that theme this would be open and shut).

**Keep in mind that Iwai is above Yamamoto for a reason.

-I put Nishimura to the Train stage [Round 4] because it seemed the least inspired and, well, off (or rather distinct) compared to the others. I also went in with the idea that with 6 rounds and 6 sound team members everyone essentially did a round.

-Carve A Dragon reminds me of Boomer Kuwanger, MvC and Rose Stage, so I agree with you there.

-Looking back Creeping Weeping has a lot of similarities to Bears...

-Then I just put Fujita to all the main/miscellaneous themes, which are all basically the same sound. As for Bears... [Round 6] I'd only otherwise give it to Mari, who has "secondary main/miscellaneous themes" (i.e. Player Select and wherever Elevatorboy came from).

-While it is not as prominent or uniform in SNES games as arcade games, Capcom definitely has a "balancing act" thing going on among some or all of the members of a game's sound team.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; May 16, 2011 at 06:57 AM.