View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
As anime vocal collections I would recommend:
- KIMAGURE ORANGE☆ROAD Singing Heart
- KIMAGURE ORANGE☆ROAD Loving Heart
- Legendary Idol Eriko - Best Hit Vocal (TYCY-5125)
- Megazone 23 - Vocal Collection (VICL-5044)
- Project A-ko Original Song Book

If you're looking at Jpop song style (not anime style song) from that era, then I would recommend trying first:
- Otohime Connection - Image Soundtrack (SRCL-2188)
- TO-Y - Original Image Album (32DH 775)
- Tokyo Babylon - Image Soundtrack (SRCL-2439-40)
- Tokyo Babylon - Image Soundtrack 2 (SRCL-2831)

These albums are tied to anime but pick up songs from non-anime artists. It's mostly pop-rock.

If by chance you get interested in some artists from one or other albums that people suggested you here in this thread, then you should dig in these artists' discographies. Back in the days, it is exactly what I did (I'm so old now ), slowly shifting from anime songs to pop.

Then I would recommend you looking at the following albums (female vocal only):
- Mari Hamada: Misty Lady / Blue Revolution (rock, in the vein of Bubblegum Crisis)
- Nav Katze: The Last Rose In Summer (eerie pop, close to what Akino Arai did in her early period) (they have 2 songs in Video Girl Ai soundtracks)
- Personz - No More Tears (rock in BGC style)
- PSY・S: Mint-Electric / Non-Fiction / ATLAS / SIGNAL (pop, some of their songs can be found in City Hunter, Otohime Connection & TO-Y)
- Rebecca - IV (soft rock)
- Tokyo Shonen - Kaeri Michi (pop-rock, can find 2 of their songs in Ranma 1/2 & Silent Möbius The Movie)
I have the official copy of KOR Singing Heart after I replaced the bootleg copy last year!