View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Much as I would LOVE an orchestral Coon final battle arrangement -- I wonder, do you think these orchestral versions help you to appreciate Emilia and Asellus more?
I hated their scenario when I played the game in 1997, I never replayed the game because it's one of the worst saga game ever made

Quote:
(personally, I'd like to have heard some environmental themes -- SO many town themes in that game, and many of them are great).
some themes are good but I wonder if it could render well with an orchestra
I like few themes (still for sf1: tomb of mu, travel theme, schoether, ultimate weapon, as for battle theme battle #5 has always been my fav)

Quote:
Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention 1-02. I thought that was an incredible medley of SaGa 2 battle themes. When the woodwinds keep up to the tempo during the standard battle theme ... I didn't think they would. I honestly was listening for it thinking "they'll slow down. They won't make it. It's impossible." And I don't care if they did it in post-production (which they very well may have done). It's just breathtaking how on-point those notes are. The precision of the chiptune, in orchestral form. So good.

it could shock you but I never liked gb saga game music
at least, fucking ito made a medley of vanguard, rs3 will stay my fav saga game (followed by saga frontier 2, even if the end of gustave 13 is shitty)
as for remakes, rs2 looks good and I HIGHLY hope a rs3 remake (instant buy for me)
other remakes have no interest, but I hope if a rs3 remake is done that won't be a rs3d shit like that visual abomination aka adventures of mana