View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2020, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Chaser View Post
I have the Natsume/Taito and I was devastated. When the game reappeared with an arrange soundtrack it seemed to pretty much copy paste the same soundtrack. The music in general sounds muffled and as if it's recorded under water. The balance in sound is off and overwhelmed by the bass and drums. I would redirect you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsdB...9&index=2&t=0s

That is a fan "remaster" that got it right. Compared to the so-called official releases this version is crisp, clear, balanced and what I was hoping for in an official soundtrack release. The bass and drums here are strong but not overwhelming as the official releases.
Oh wow that is quite a difference. I never played the game so I wouldn't have known. Seriously, what is so difficult about getting SNES albums to sound right?

One more that I don't think anyone has brought up yet are the N64 Rareware soundtracks. The albums only contain the core level themes and a few other important tracks like opening themes and credits, but everything else is missing. I realize including all the different versions of the level themes which change depending on where you are might be a bit unrealistic (Grant Kirkhope had uploaded all 6 and a half hours of Banjo Kazooie to his Bandcamp at one point before being told to take it down) however I'd at least like to have all the cutscene/minigame/event stuff.