View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2021, 01:47 AM

For context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
I'm in .au so most restrictions still apply. The mistake I made was that I consolidated my packages so now they're too large to ship, and they refuse to unconsolidate it or split them up and ship multiple packages. So because of that, my stuff is just stuck there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
That sucks. Hopefully they can keep it until the planet overlords decide we can ship packages again.
Well, it doesn't look like EMS or economy mail anytime soon.

To summarise the situation up to now, the virus lockdowns back in March 2020 meant that EMS was no longer available and the only option was DHS, which was overpriced. So I just left my packages at Buyee... for one year (lol) and at no further cost to myself.

I wonder how many other people had no storage fees. This "no storage fee" (usually only 30 days free) grace period was only supposed to be temporary but I guess the virus lockdown/shipping restriction situation had more permanent effects than expected. I also wonder how big Buyee's storage facilities are.

Anyway, recently FedEx was made available (with prices and delivery speeds comparable with EMS) so I finally had my stuff shipped over. I wish I had my stuff shipped by cheap boat mail back in March 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
If Mercari had a decent structure I'd be able to browse it like Yahoo. Unfortunately it seems made by progressive millennials who only had smartphones in their lives.
The category structure on Mercari is pretty barebones. There's no "game music" category and video games can't even be browsed by console or game company.

To paraphrase a certain person and taking a more general view: the Mobile Phone Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the Internet.