View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2013, 04:27 PM

This is old, but I'm on a Fairy Tail kick right now.

So there was some discussion about Iron Dragons, furiganas, and other crazy things in this thread. That's cool. As somebody who doesn't know absolutely nothing about Fairy Tail, let me say this: Gajeel's name isn't Tetsuryuu... it's Gajeel. Gajeel Redfox, to be exact. And his nickname is 黒鉄, which is Kurogane. It's actually not even 鉄. I don't know what the soundtrack is getting at here. But the name of this song is with 99% certainty describing him, not simply naming him. I somehow doubt that くろがね is much of a "reading" for 鉄竜, in which only the first character can possibly be "kurogane", and then the second character... what... disappears, just because -くろがね- comes after it? I don't think everything else is overridden because there is a "reading" after it.

Some more Fairy Tail info coming up! Each dragon slayer has dragon slayer type magic. Example: Natsu gets 火の滅竜魔法. Take 火の滅竜 and what do you get? Well, 鉄の滅竜魔法 is also a dragon slayer type magic, and I hope you recognize the first character Here's some more info. Knock yourselves out. I added -Kurogane- to the track name.