View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:35 PM
VGMdb Staff

Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
In those cases, I know that '流星拳' and '鳳翼天翔' are fighting techniques that can be romanized as "Ryuseiken" and "Hoyoku Tensho" (or variations thereof). But, in my opinion, these romanizations have no place in an english tracklist when there are translations of said techniques with more or less acceptation (they're not just fan translations). I mean, terms such as Ryuseiken are valid for romaji tracklists but if there is some translation into english of those terms I don't see the point in including them into english tracklists.
It's like you translate Ryu's Hadouken or Goku's Kame-hame-ha into english. I know "Metor Fist" is the english adaptation to the anime if I remember correctly but it seems to much forced

Quote:
First, I was using this image as reference, which is from the animex reprint of the 1988 album. In most of the cases, when there is hiragana or katakana written over kanji is to indicate the pronunciation, for that reason in the case of "聖闘士神話" I've translated as "Soldier Dream", and I know that is not exactly the meaning of the original tracktitle, but that's another discussion. Forced reading prevails over meaning of kanjis, that's how I see it.
It's the same of the classic album also on the Eternal Box we have "Saint Shinwa (Soldier Dream)(Instrumental)" to make difference to the vocal/arrange track by Broadway

Quote:
And one last thing, depa, if you have access to the booklets of those old albums, could you check if there is any information about the musicians who performed under the name of Andromeda Harmonic Orchestra. This scan is the only one that I've seen that contains information about the musicians of this legendary orchestra, and I'd like to know who performed under that 'Ad Hoc' orchestra. So, if you can provide better scans or images with better resolution to identify the performers, your help or any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hope I'll do soon

Last edited by depa; Jan 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM.