View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
He said he made the music of "ZWEI, YS6, gurumin, Sora no kiseki FC." so I asked him about the other games like VM Japan and Xanadu Next etc.
Yes. I remember reading that from you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirawi at sideprotea dot net
JAPAN VM was responsible for only two bgm
風の砂子路(A Sandy Road Blown by the Wind)&乱世の覇者(Master of Chaos)

Dinosaur: Resurrection was that did not.

XANADU NEXT was little^^;

YS6 & Zwei1 is about 70% of my songs.

Thank You.
The VM Japan info is indeed REALLY interesting!

According to VGMdb, he composed for those games. I bolded the word "composed" because he also worked on Ys I & II Eternal soundtracks and Dinosaur Resurrection, and yet he says that regards DR. Maybe he said that because he/they (Sound Team jdk from 2002) didn't composed the soundtrack (the original Dinosaur was composed by Mieko Ishikawa and Masaaki Kawai), but rather arranged?

Surprised to hear that he made the 70% (or so) of Zwei!! and Ys VI OSTs. I though Shikarawa was the leader composer of Zwei!!, and so that he composed the majority of that game's OST. Ys VI doesn't suprise me that much because almost the whole soundtrack sounds really close to Zwei!!, so that 70% he's talking about makes sense. 70% or so would be like 22 of the 32 tracks of the Ys VI soundtrack?

Quote:
That's all he brokedown, but it's still helpful though. For example, because we can rule out Ishibashi for some tracks, it's likely that Warriors from VMJ (one of my favourite VGM tracks ever) and Windslash Steps from Ys VI are both by Sonoda because of a shared bit of melody (thisthat (albeit at a different tempo)). But I dunno, is that too loose a connection to you?
How can you confirm that both 'Warriors' and 'Windslash Steps' were composed by Sonoda? 'Windslash Steps' maybe since it sounds a lot like some recent stuff from current Sound Team, but 'Warriors'? And also speaking of that stuff, I'm really not sure if we can use that to confirm composers because... well, just listen this:

- Mysterious Story (unused track from Ys I, composed by Yuzo Koshiro)
- Wind Emblem (credits track from Dinosaur. This is the Resurrection version, and I have no idea if this was originally composed by Ishikawa or Kawai instead)

Another one even more obvious:

- Crossroad of Sadness (another unused Ys I track by Yuzo Koshiro)
- Trap (The Legend of Xanadu. Guess who uploaded that track )

And here's another one more recent and popular: Masquerade of Lies and 'The Foot of a Mountain of the Lightning' (Falcom Engrish at it's finest.)

But the real problem is I'm not really sure on how's Sonoda's style of music, so I can't assume to much. However, I think both this track and the trailer track from Nayuta were composed by him. Both tracks sound very Falcom-ish, especially the trailer song, which reminds me a lot to Ys VI's intro song. The same goes for this kickass song.

Quote:
Of course, many assumptions are being made, like one composer per track, and that by "responsible" he means composing AND arranging.
I just think the composers both compose AND arrange they own tracks. But really, his declarations about Zwei!!, Ys VI, SnK FC are pretty revealing. If he composed the 70% of Ys VI, then what percent did he composed from future games like SnK FC and Gurumin? If he compsed the 70% of Ys VI, what was Sonoda doing meanwhile?

Quote:
Also when I told him where I was from, he said:

Spoiler:
ohhh,UK! I love London music.
Prodigy,808state,underground resistance

This sounds like the inspiration of an Ys VI track in particular...
He confirmed he's the composer of Ys VI final dungeon theme? Holy cow!

Quote:
Naturally I sent him another email wanting him to confirm some of my predictions, but he was probably too busy to reply.
Aww, too bad! You should try to e-mail him again. Could you post here his e-mail address? I also want to ask him stuff and see if he can confirm some of my predictions too

Thanks a lot for posting that info. Much appreciate!

BTW, I found some weeks ago a YouTube channel that uploaded some Falcom songs. That wouldn't be so strange, if not by the fact that he also puts in some of the video's description the composer and/or arranger! Maybe those are guesses?

Last edited by Matron; Jul 7, 2013 at 01:42 PM.