View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2009, 06:55 AM

Default Several database-related questions

1. Could you please provide a complete dump of your database (except usernames and password hashes, of course) for offline use? It would help to have a portable snapshot of VGMdb for multiple purposes; for example it feels more intuitive to locally execute select query in the console or a script, rather than receive html from your server and (visually or programmatically) parse resulting page. Even better if it were regularly updated (public API might help, yet it would still require internet access to use and make one feel guilty about needlessly loading your server).
2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me you are storing some supplementary track data as text blobs (Notes), rather than separate fields in DB. If the reverse were true it would make much more sense because it would be possible to:
a) indicate which tracks were used to create any particular remix track (think touhou) and search on these relations,
b) have per-track composers, arrangers and performers (and search on these relations).
Is this functionality in plans?
3. Any ETA for sample precision track lengths?
4. Same for .cue import/export?
(3. and 4. are somewhat related)