View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:13 AM

I think with all the extra stuff (live action, original work, etc) the place loses its identity. It's as if Burger King starts specializing in pizza and tacos on top of their main course - burgers. I say no to that. Don't confuse a customer, just give me a goddamn burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
EDIT: brb adding Come Clean to the database because it contains Blurry which was used in Ace Combat 5 so it's relevant content to the database. I mean, where does it stop
At some point there was an album submitted which was not vgm-related but it had 1 track used in a promo trailer for a game (think it was Xenosaga) so... the submission was declined, but frankly an album like that is as big of a stretch as any other Original Work album from demo scene, or any Original Work from Nobuo Uematsu if it's not vgm related.

Granted I myself submitted 1 or 2 original work albums in the past but in retrospect I don't think they belong here.

I support the idea of a split database for anime (AMdb or AniMdb or something), as for everything else like Live Action, Disney animation, Original Work, Demo Scene - I don't even know where to stick it, but it shouldn't be in vgmdb.