View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2014, 01:05 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Agreed and that was kind of going to be my point of submitting that (I was really going to): it would probably be declined, and then this database would really just not know what it wants In fact it has MORE to do with VGM than a Nobuo Uematsu original CD; it actually has a song found in a game! It has REAL game music! Yet it would probably be declined. The current situation is a real mess.
Actually, if it was just used in promo trailer, then I wouldn't call it game music at all.

And my few cents in subject, I'm fine with all the demo scene stuff, original works from well-known/profilic composers, and western anime stuff being on the database, and I really would hate to see a split in db. And to be honest, it would be silly, especially when nowadays composers on eastern side do jump between games and anime. Live action stuff is bit iffy, unless it's tied to a game/anime franchise. Even on those cases, there could be some case by case discussions going on.

Some ruling standards are good, but some cases should be open for discussion, like Hiroyuki Sawano's other works to be added or not for example.