View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:43 AM

its all good man, i didnt take any offense at all. the only reason i am not posting the real damaging pm's in this thread is because of the site itself and for you guys, believe it or not i do want you guys to have some faith in this guy if you can after all is said and done. hell, i did for a long time. however, he pushed and he pushed with all the same stuff that had no bearing or importance.

i will post one pm exchange here that just goes to show you that steve's scope of control in his endeavor is something that if you guys who use the site want to see a change is going to have to conversely change as well, and without bringing this up like everybody feels compelled to do but without hitting the nail on the head and really proving the points is gonna be lost on the guy. after all, it is time to get real here.

so here is one solitary example. steve will probably continue to ignore me, but im sure he will read what i say which might get the point across to him, but ultimately whether he realizes it and decides that he wants to make these changes for the good of the site that its really up in the air for all of you guys.

Sent 21 October 2009 - 03:09 PM
Hey shawn,

I think we should shut down the IRC channel for remixSite. There aren't many people there anyway, we don't have time to monitor the channel, and we should get people using the forums before the IRC channel. It's only a drain on resources, it's diverting our attention from more important things, and has the potential to provide negative publicity if bad people show up there.

What do you think?

-Steve

Sent 21 October 2009 - 06:02 PM
i dont know what you mean by shutting down the irc channel. i am only person in there, and i am always in there, are you asking me to not idle in #remixsite anymore? what is there to shut down if nobody at all but me uses it. just leave it there, in case anybody at all ever comes into the irc. people who use efnet might see it and use espernet. its really non-issue to me honestly.

how do you shut down an irc channel with one person in it? how is it a drain on resources to simply idle in an irc channel and say hello to people who happen to come by? for the record, i never left the irc channel, i have ops and control of the channel as well. so do you see why maybe he wanted to shut it down? i think it could be because he didnt have control of it. it was out of his scope of what he felt was important, but at the same time, it was important enough to shut down, maybe because of the control aspect, maybe just poor judgement, any which way you could imagine it, this is just one example of why its time to get real here.

as long as the real issues here continue to be kept hidden or unspoken, i cant really say that there will be any growth. by all means steve, chime in if you feel like you have something you'd like to clarify. somehow i dont think theres really anything you can say about this. again, this is just one example, but its a good harmless example of how you get what you get out of steve sokolowski and how what you get, you've got to fight with him about. im certainly not trying to raise any issues that i wouldnt expect any other person to raise with me, but if he gets it and learns from his mistakes that would be the best case scenario in all of this and while im still holding out hope when i probably shouldnt be anymore, i'd like to think that my nearly 8 months worth of effort i gave the guy would be enough to warrant being able to voice my opinion.
http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com