View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2015, 05:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Notes about the artist notes:

1.01 & others: Keiki Kobayashi composed the original "Battlefield" theme that all of the system music are arrangements of. Kobayashi is credited as the "Composition Supervisor" for that song, whereas everyone else is an "Arrangement Supervisor."

1.02: Hirokazu Ando's by the Melee orchestra album

1.04: Takeshi Hama did the 3D Land main theme and Mahito Yokota did the beach theme according to the piano book

1.09: "Train Field 2 (Main Theme)" is credited to Toru Minegishi on the Zelda guitar album

1.21: The English versions of Brawl and Smash 4 credit the singers as "Tomoko Sasaki and the Small Circle of Friends," but they're credited properly in the Japanese version as "Tomoko Sasaki and the TOKIOHEIDI Chorus."

1.22, 1.23, 2.25: New Leaf's soundtrack by Manaka Kataoka and Atsuko Asahi, and probably by Kazumi Totaka too. There are three songs from the game in the piano book, "Title" (Kataoka), "R.Parkers" (Asahi), and "8 AM" (Kataoka), but I don't think any of them were arranged here.

1.24: Punch-Out NES music by Kenji Yamamoto, Akito Nakatsuka, and Yukio Kaneoka. May be worth mentioning that Punch-Out Wii only credits the original music to Yamamoto.

1.30: Tomodachi Life's soundtrack by Asuka Ito and Daisuke Matsuoka. This apparently also arranges something from Tomodachi Collection, which we have a few piano book credits for.

2.03: Koji Kondo composed the original athletic theme from New Super Mario Bros. NSMB2 has awful sound credits but the music was probably by the sound director Kenta Nagata.

2.05: Mario Kart 7 music by Kenta Nagata and Satomi Terui

2.06: Donkey Kong Country Returns music by Minako Hamano, Masaru Tajima, Shinji Ushiroda, and Daisuke Matsuoka. I think this was original for DKCR? I'm pretty rough on DKC series music.

2.08: "Ballad of the Goddess" is by Hajime Wakai, based on Koji Kondo's "Zelda's Lullaby." I think "Ghirahim's Theme" is still unconfirmed.

2.14: There's confirmed Jun Ishikawa in this medley, but the "Underground Forest Area" part in particular is unknown between him and Dan Miyakawa (it's Ishikawa tho).

2.15: I don't think we know for sure that Shogo Sakai composed the original "The Legendary Air Ride Machine" (he did tho).

2.23: This song actually lists all three ACE+ composers in the "More Info" page in the sound room. The other Xenoblade songs that are just reprises don't.

2.24: The piano book credits Kazumi Totaka with the Animal Crossing: Wild World title theme. City Folk's music is by him, Manaka Tominaga (Kataoka), and Shiho Fujii.

2.30: This is on the game disc but currently inaccessible in the game; it's speculated this is going to play in the upcoming Miiverse stage. I see some people crediting it to Taku Inoue but I couldn't verify that. Mario Paint sound by Hirokazu Tanaka, Ryoji Yoshitomi, and Kazumi Totaka.

2.35: Shogo Sakai's by interview. This is an arrangement of his opening theme.