View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:28 AM
VGMdb Staff

Default Pyramid Magic (#9477)

The only other game on Game no Kanzume VOL.1 to have full credits is PADDLE FIGHTER, and it's got all the same audio staff as the PYRAMID MAGIC inclusions, minus GAKINAKA.
Quote:
サウンド: Tarnya, わんだらぁぷりぃず, Bluetz Lee, 愛の戦士 バウ
Griot プロジェクト (S.Nakamura, H.Sukegawa, T.Konishi, N.Nishimura)
Vow, credited on that as 愛の戦士 バウ, might be meant to be Bow, as in Hata-bow, so that would be Naofumi Hataya. There is precedent, as Hataya worked on QUIZ SCRAMBLE SPECIAL alongside TARNYA and the Griot guys (and of course he worked on the original PYRAMID MAGIC III, so he's familiar with the series). Of course, Tokuhiko Uwabo is always a possibly as well, though I imagine it more likely to have been ボウ if that's the case. Uwabo doesn't seem to have switched up his alias often, whereas Hataya had quite a few. (EDIT: I've recently learned that all the games in SEGA GAMES CAN VOL.1 that have credits are taken from WONDERMEGA COLLECTION, which contains QUIZ SCRAMBLE. I haven't seen the credits for QUIZ SCRAMBLE as opposed to QUIZ SCRAMBLE SPECIAL, so it would be odd to use 2 very different aliases in the one game. If VOW is credited for QUIZ SCRAMBLE, then it's definitely Hataya)

Jun Senoue lists both Game no Kanzume volumes on his WAVE MASTER, so one of the aliases is probably him. SEGA RETRO has some song credits for tracks only on HYPER MARBLES, but no source given, so dunno if that's accurate or not. Still, if it is a HYPER MARBLES guy, then that knocks GAKINAKA, leaving $1 PLEASE as the likely candidate. (EDIT: I've recently learned that all the games in SEGA GAMES CAN VOL.1 that have credits are taken from WONDERMEGA COLLECTION, which predates Senoue, $1 PLEASE has to be someone else)

Speaking of GAKINAKA, no real clue who that would be. Best guess is Teruhiko Nakagawa from the similar names, but that seems a bit early for him to be working at SEGA. His first real credit, Virtua Racing DELUXE, wouldn't come out for another 9 months.

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Nov 15, 2022 at 12:54 AM. Reason: I guess SCRAMBLE and WORKED are the same word to me.