View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2020, 01:45 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisonfan View Post
- ヒット曲集
"Hit Kyokushuu" is used on Columbia albums to indicates a vocal album with normally 10 tracks. So, in that cases, is correct to think that Hit Kyokushuu is a song collection and not a generical piece-of-music collection. Columbia has released two (or more?) albums where Hit Kyokushuu is also translated as "HIT SONGS":
https://vgmdb.net/album/71440
https://vgmdb.net/album/83184
According with this translation I suggest to translate ヒット曲集 on Columbia albums as "Hit Songs", or show the original "Hit Kyokushuu" and the "Hit Songs" in the other lines.
So this is not the translation you put previously: "Hit Collection". You will notice that the Japanese translated "ヒット曲集" in these (only) 2 albums by "Hit Songs", so they left the word "Songs", so removing it from your translations was not a good idea.

Leaving "Hit Song(s) Collection" in the titles therefore remains the best thing to do, with the most keywords to help the user through the search engine.

Then I don’t understand your logic, why accept "Hit Songs" in the 1st line and not "Music Collection?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisonfan
- ANIMEX 1200 (1300, special) series
ANIMEX 1200 is really a CD series, each volume is also numbered, and the Animex 1200 NNN is also reported on the sides and on the disc label. Moreover each Animex 1200 has a new mastering respect the previous releases. I think is a good idea to show the series and the number in the title.
Yes of course that Animex 1200 is a series, still it is not indicated on the jacket (which is taken from the existing vinyl for each album, or at least the 1st print). I thought that above all on VGMdb we favored first what was marked on the front jacket above all for the display title. Because if we also have to consider the obi, the sides and the disc label of the album, that's a lot...

In addition with the atypical catalog number COCC-72---, between us Anisonfan you must guess for your part right away that it is an Animex 1200 album...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisonfan
- Columbia Sound Treasure Series.
As the name says also the "Columbia Sound Treasure Series" is a Series. It recurs on each Columbia page and subpage: https://columbia.jp/soundtreasure/ and is indicated in each CD obi.
Show the name series in the title can be also good to immediately focus on what one is dealing with.
So in fact you want to put all the series names in the first line? Same as for Animex 1200, are we dealing with the title on the front cover or elsewhere? If there are several lines for title on VGMdb it is for it to be useful, no? Personally I prefer to see "Takarajima Original Soundtrack” in 1st line than "Columbia Sound Treasure Series Takarajima Original Soundtrack”, I find it heavy.

And here too I guess you don't like as it is currently presented? :
https://vgmdb.net/album/27972

However for me it's very good like that, to have the name of the series in the 3rd line is enough, no need to have it in the 1st line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall
1. The difference with other series on VGMdb is that the albums of the Animex 1200 collection at the base were not in a series and are all reprints. This is why it bothers me to have "Animex 1200" in the display title.
The fact is that if we only have "Animex 1200" in the 3rd line, we can always find these albums with the search engine.
if we follow the same logic, all Dendou Twin or EP/LPs series (Action, Best Hit, Saishin TV Manga, Action Deluxe, Time Trip, Time Capsule ecc.) are reprints so they should not be displayed on top...
I have the impression that you don’t have the same opinion as me on the subject...

However, you didn't either when you submitted the albums, you didn't put the Animex 1200 in the first line, nor the Time Capsule... And you didn't mind ...

And personally I haven’t put any of these series names in display title.

About Dendou Twin, it's different, it takes 2 or 3 different albums at the same time. As for Saishin Manga these are some compilations, Time Capsule series are reprints on CD (added by Anisonfan in display title too), and Time Trips are not reprints, they are mini CD which contain songs from 2 different animes.
And then these series are not comparable with the Animex 1200 series which contains a much larger number of albums to list.