View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2015, 01:28 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furolith View Post
Timings in the tracklist I submitted are based on the MP3 version of the album. My rips of the lossless audio tracks show slightly different timings in foobar2k (+1 second on tracks 1, 5 and 8; -1 second on tracks 4, 6 and 10).
This is okay when submitting track times for non-CDDA sourced albums like this. As long as it's +/- 1 second it should be accurate enough. Different players will round the times differently, some floor(), some round(). The freedb implementation has a grace check for track times if it can't match by DISCID, which no non-CD source album will have. DISCID can only be calculated on CDDA.

Don't do this for CDDA albums, though. Every single time I buy an album and put it in to rip and it doesn't pick it up on vgmdb freedb it's because someone put in incorrect track times in the album. Like, +/- 5 seconds on some tracks. Either that's a bad mp3 rip or a bad typo but regardless, I wish people would stop updating the database with track times from random mp3 source. Just don't do it if you don't own the CDDA or aren't 100% sure you have a good rip.

Updates to the album:

- Modified track titles and removed the parentheses on all the titles. They're not anywhere in the album.
- Removed the ":" separator for the "Suite Name" I guess you could call it. I don't know how to handle it but I don't think it should be there.
- The single track Suites (except for 1), 6, 10, 11 are "." separated between the series/game name and the title, not " - " separated like the multi-track ones. I don't know why but that's how it is.