View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
I would like to make a suggestion that could perhaps solve the duplicates issue of the limited editions and some digital releases. The main problem isn’t the fact that we have two similar albums in the database, since the reprints are also catalogued. The problem is the artist being credited twice for the exact same work.
Thanks for raising this issue. I once went so far as not to linkify every artist to the other entry (see this), but this was a stopgap solution to say the least. I also think it's far from appropriate, since Limited editions get their own separate entries because of extra discs which the artists might have to be given credit for (it's still a matter of being featured in promotional videos or such, though...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I don't know that either of these cases is a problem; it depends how you want to use the discography.
Personally, I feel it's a bit inconsistent, because we make child albums and bootlegs not appear in the discography pages. It's fine to credit artists to something exclusive to the Limited Editions, of course.