View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Nice catch on the bootleg album. I thought those weren't displayed on Discographies at all. We should not display any bootlegs on our discography pages.
For now, I've removed the linked artists in that Lunar bootleg.

Quote:
I'm still not convinced that the duplication on the discographies is a bad thing. Most LE editions include additional material on a 2nd disc anyway (granted, mostly videos of songs that are on the 1st disc). I'd even consider going the other way, and displaying the reprints.
I thought about it after a discussion we had in this thread, as we didn't find a way to indicate that a disc was a reprint as part of another album. Maybe the organization of the LE releases will improve with the automatic "Limited Edition" in the title like Gigablah said. Or if somehow the albums are linked together, but with independent artists. Perhaps it can be added some indication, like "Limited Edition of catalog number" with the link for the correspondent album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
In the case of FFXIII, Hamauzu's music will be used in the drama contents on the fifth disc, but I doubt all of Suzuki, Yamazaki, Nakano, Hirano, or miscellaneous performers (e.g. Aya, Saito and Sekito) are still there, but all of them will end up being credited for the LE edition.
I had not realized that Hamauzu's music will also be on the CD drama. I think this complicates a bit what I was imagining...

Quote:
I'd even consider going the other way, and displaying the reprints.
Quote:
I think this is the best solution in terms of consistency (if not so much for legibility or visibility...).
I agree, also appears to be a solution, though I also find that the discographies of the composers will fill with similar albums.

Quote:
If the current 'feat' is supposed to seclude Doujin works from discographies, I wonder if we ought to have another function to seclude official reprises or such from the albums where artists have direct involvements in... just a random idea.
I've also think about it. I must say that I'm not a big fan of many "feat." in official releases that I saw in database, especially from concerts and arranged albums, since it is difficult to determine if the composer really had no involvement. A lot can happen behind the scenes that are often not credited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
I guess this whole issue could be solved cleanly once there are per track credits. Such could be then extended with info if the track is the first of it kind (ideally tracked for composition and arrangement separately, so different arrangements don't raise credits for composition), and then those could be accumulated for credits statistics.
It would be very interesting indeed. I think the upcoming metadata will determine the statistics of the composers more accurately.

Last edited by Revoc; Jan 21, 2010 at 03:59 PM.