View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:27 PM

For confirmation, is a character song included as "Image/Prototype"? If so, perhaps it'd be better to mention it in the instruction message because I guess the number of character song albums would easily surpass that of an image album (much more that of prototype albums).

While "Unused" could stand as a different classification than "Image/Prototype", I also start thinking it doesn't hurt to separate "Image" from "Prototype". I do see similarity between "Image" and "Prototype", but "Prototype" and "Unused" also have some attributes in common, as below.

Unused -> Music that was supposed to be on a product, but eventually not.
Prototype -> Music that was supposed to be on a product, but eventually replaced by the final versions.
Image -> Music that is not supposed to be on the product itself but composed for other purposes.

So it may be not fair to merge only "Prototype" and "Image" of the three classifications. Or rather, I'd merge "Unused" and "Prototype" instead, even if it's still flawed.

...Or, given the fact soundtracks like FFXII still doesn't fall under any classification available, perhaps I'd stretch the definition of "Prototype" to catch them.

Unused: A catch-all classification for music that is supposed to be on a product but not.
Prototype/Unconverted: Music that is composed for a product but replaced by the final version.
Image: Music that is not supposed to be on a product itself but composed for other purposes. Commercial, Character song is included.