View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:07 AM

I think asking to buy the obi if it's not being sold by itself is pretty deplorable. However, I did sometimes wish that people would sell just the obi. They have to do that on their own, though, it's not cool to ask someone to separate it from a soundtrack, it's only if it's already separated, maybe like in GoldfishX's case, for example.

To kind of support the obi buying thing though, I see people doing this all the time on eBay with instruction booklets for games. Like, ALL the time, it's very popular. People want to complete their collections, you know? I don't know how many instruction booklets I've read in my life - 4? - but if I were going to buy a game, I would want it to come with the booklet. But I would absolutely not message someone selling a complete game and ask them to take the booklet out and sell me just that part of it. Then, like GoldfishX said, the value of that copy is reduced. You're asking someone to reduce the value of their copy so that you can complete yours. It's a bit selfish if they haven't agreed to do it on their own.

So basically, you should understand why this guy wanted to buy an obi, but you have every right to refuse such a request to decrease the value of your copy.

Last edited by Hellacia; Sep 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM.