View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2018, 01:58 PM

I backed the Suikoden album at the $60, but my preference would have been Star Fox 64, it's just that that's clearly not gonna make it. I'm not an expert on fundraising or Kickstarter, and maybe someone has said this on Kickstarter itself for one of the projects, but I think doing three at a time might be too much for the fanbase to successfully fund simultaneously. I'd be willing to back all the albums, but based on the tiers people are backing at, most people clearly want a physical copy but the price may be straining some people's finances when there are three at once, forcing them to choose one and then the projects are effectively competing with each other. One may emerge the clear victor, as has happened in this case, drawing others in to back it because their preferred choice hasn't been the choice of enough other people to make it likely to succeed, as has happened to me and likely others.

My unsolicited advice is to do one project at a time with a little bit of time between them. Your words here in the thread are very encouraging that you'll take an approach that appeals to the kind of game music fans who contribute to a database on game music, so many of us would probably back practically everything you do if the albums turn out as well as it sounds like they will.