View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
I'm suggesting that if Hanzawa was never officially credited as Kazuo anywhere else (which appears to be the case), and the intended reading of 一雄 is Ichio (which appears to be the case), then it's much safer to assume that "N.KAZUO" is a separate person who only worked on one game, which isn't all that uncommon in video games, rather than a combination of (1) an alternate name that he's never used anywhere else and (2) a typo of his initial.

Typos are pretty common in video games, especially Japanese games with English characters. It just seems very odd, considering that an N is very similar looking to an H, that there was a mystery person at Konami who worked on one game and it was at the same time Norio Hanzawa was working there AND some of the music to that game sounds like Hanzawa's (granted, I might be influenced in what I'm hearing because I'm already leaning towards thinking it's him).

Maybe Ichio is a newer thing for him? Maybe it's kind of like a new alias or something. Are there any English printed credits with Ichio Hanzawa during the Konami or Treasure days? Like any album releases?

Also, isn't there someone we can ask who worked with Norio Hanzawa about what the deal is with these alternate names? Katsuhiko Suzuki, Aki Hata, Atsushi Fujio, or Hidehiro Funauchi? One them is probably contactable and could clear it all up, right?