View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2021, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Redundancy is required, since eventually we'll be having track-by-track credits. The interface for managing them will draw the artist information directly from the album credits, so you'll need to make sure all roles are covered.
Sorry for the majestic necrobump but are track-by-track credits still being planned? I can't find any mention of such plans after 2009.

I know it would be hell to implement and to maintain from the database side but with Semantic Web being a thing, I just can't dismiss the ramifications this could have for future academic research and such. You could easily create lists of all pieces composed or arranged by a musician and compare musical styles, collaborations and workloads (e.g. who composed what in a given time frame?). Heck, you could even link arranged music to their original composition(s) in an attempt to avoid credit redundancies and to identify the most prolific pieces in video game history.

Not to add that individual track credits are easier to read than the consolidated credits in album notes.