View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
I don't agree with this characterization because it's leaving out the variation within the loop of VGM.
This sentence kind of negated most of your post because you're not understanding what I'm saying. If you have variation, it's not a loop. What you're describing is exactly what I described about a lot of mainstream music - small changes the second time around of what is mostly the same part of the music. A loop is when a song has gone through its entire unique composition and then restarts from where it loops in the game (because it's BGM so it has a loop point at the end) and then plays the entire unique composition, or what I described as the entire whole of the song, again. If you have a variation at some point, you have obviously not played the entire whole of it, and then it should continue on to that point because it's different somehow and adds a new experience. I'm talking about having the same experience - the same exact composition - all over again. As for pop music having "little variation" it's still variation, they're still not pasting the exact same material onto what you just heard. There is SOME minor difference. That's infinitely more than you can say about VGM loops which is the point I was bringing up about the mainstream music comparison.

As for wanting a song to be x length of time or else it's too short, okay, personal opinion and my argument was never that people who like loops are wrong, I was only sharing why I dislike them because I like to see my own opinions of things typed out on message boards.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 21, 2014 at 01:09 PM.