View Single Post
Old May 15, 2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I'll be honest... this is the first time in my life I have ever heard this assessment of the FF6 OST.
You're not alone. That's literally the first thing I thought when I read that. In fact in my experience, what is generally most often said about FFVI OST is it's remarkable lack of "filler", and how pretty much perfect a JRPG soundtrack it is. But hey, each to their own.

I also agree that the unused town themes from it are great, Town 2 especially - the vocal version being just a tad too sentimental (no pun intended ) for my liking but enjoyable enough.

I do love how discovering unused tracks, at their best, can be a pretty novel way of authentically reliving a particular soundtrack, if you've pretty much exhausted musical enjoyment of the main material and spend your days yearning for [insert composer] to go back to [insert musical style they have since matured past and would find it difficult to emulate]. I'm not even kidding, I would pay a lot of money if someone like Mitsuda released an album of unused pieces written throughout his career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
While I'm not a huge fan of the Actraiser soundtrack, I like some of the original FM versions and the unused "Space Fight" is the crown jewel. It being so different from the rest of the soundtrack is probably why I like it so much and also why it was cut.
Thanks for this - I'd never heard that before. Excellent UnYuzo-ed material!