View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:52 PM

Some suggestions for tracklist corrections. I figured I'd make a post here before I made the changes to see if anyone has any objections, and also to explain these changes. I use the localized game as a basis for some these corrections, largely because Level-5 themselves never provided any "official" transliterations.

04 - The Resurrection of the Demons
Should be something like "Resurrection of the Genie", or "Resurrection of the Dark Genie" (in the localized game, he's referred to as the "Dark Genie", but the Kanji used is "Majin", which can be translated as just "Genie").

08 - The Cave of the Djinni
The localized version of the game refers to this as the "Divine Beast Cave". I feel "Divine Beast" is a more accurate translation of 神獣 than "Djinni", anyway.

10 - The Djinni Doran
As mentioned above, the official localization of the game translates 神獣 as "Divine Beast". ドラン was localized as "Dran", but I'm not sure if "Dran" is what the developers intended. I'd go with "Divine Beast Dran" (as he's referred to in the game).

14 - Blaunpou
Should be "Brownboo" (if one wishes to go by the localized name, otherwise, replace that last b with a p).

17 - The Guardians of the Forest
Should just be "The Guardian of the Forest" (or "The Forest Guardian"), as it refers to a single character.

20 - A Sinking Ship
Should be "Sunken Ship", or "Shipwreck". It's the name of a dungeon.

27 - Masca Rakka
Should be "Muska Lacka".

29 - If You Strain Your Ears…
Might be better translated as "Listen Carefully", or something along those lines.

30 - The Palace of the Sun and Moon
Should be "The Sun and Moon Temple".

33 - Aero Drop
Should be "Yellow Drop" ("Yellow Drops", if you want to go by the localized name), which is the name of an area in the game.

35 - Ocean and Moon
Should be "Moon Sea", another area in the game.