View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2020, 05:31 AM

Finding out Nanba and Ohtani were married is what made me start to wonder, actually. I started paying more attention to track-by-track credits and noticed just how often the two worked together, and I was halfjokingly like, "Heh, were they dating or something?" And then I found out here that apparently they legitimately are married, which was simultaneously sweet and a little funny because of that. And then that made me start to wonder about Tokoi and Kumatani. But since the two of them are so private and there's not really much to go off I didn't feel totally comfortable speculating about their personal life, plus I kinda wondered if it'd be wishful thinking.

But if people who know and work with them personally straightup refer to her as "Fumie Tokoi", that definitely means there's something there, IMO.

I'd love if Kumatani did more freelance music for Sega again, she's by far one of their most underrated and underappreciated composers and she's so talented I'm sad and surprised she never did any freelance work for other devs. But I'm just glad to know that at least she's still out there presumably living peacefully.

On a related note, Sonic at the Olympic Games has a new remix of My Sweet Passion and I'm pretty sure Kenichi Tokoi is behind it, so there's that. (Throw It All Away also has one and it's very obviously Senoue, but I'm having a moment here!)

Last edited by Overacting Neophyte; Nov 13, 2020 at 05:33 AM.