View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2015, 02:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubuki View Post
Sorry, I don't understand how that script can be used with MP3Tag.
I wasn't suggesting using it with Mp3tag, which is why I asserted that,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto
If you don't need to have all the covers stored into your tags
you can store the covers statically (not within your audio files). The script I linked to is a Python script which requires the Python interpreter in order to "run" it - it cannot be used in conjunction with Mp3tag in any way (as far as I know). The script stores the covers "as is" (i.e. not within a file), hence the remark above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubuki View Post
A solution for EAC is well appreciated. That's what I was trying to say in the past few posts.

Again, I would like to understand how I can manually drag and drop my music that is already on my computer, and re-tag my music? I don't have them on a CD.
EAC has no internal support for non-WAV formats. Nor do I think there is any way to simply "import" files from a hard drive into EAC - the source needs to be an optical drive with a CDDA disc. If you really, really wanted to do this from EAC specifically; for it to even read tracks from your hard drive, you'd be required to emulate an optical drive and mount your tracks to it somehow (e.g. a cue sheet, which you would probably have to create for each album). And since it only supports CDDA, you're likely going to have to decode all your tracks before mounting anything, which would take a long time by itself (not to mention you're transcoding lossy to lossless in the case of the MP3 rips). Lastly, in order to "re-tag" the tracks, you have to re-rip them (because for one, you likely don't want WAV files (tag with external encoder) and secondly, I'm not even sure EAC supports writing WAV metadata).

Summary:
1. No internal support for non-WAV formats, so you're likely going to have to decode most of your tracks to WAV
2. You'd have to somehow mount the tracks to an emulated drive for each album in order to "import" them to EAC
3. To re-tag, you actually would have to re-rip

So it would take a VERY long time anyway.

And again, I cannot stress enough how bad of a decision it is to store multiple pictures in each audio file of one album, no matter how many zettabytes of HDD capacity one has (I hope you're not doing that).

Last edited by Nisto; Mar 2, 2015 at 02:58 AM.