View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:03 PM

Entry has been submitted!

Song title is "Etiolating Shade," and it's a modern and professional take on videogame music, fit perfectly to the theme given.

Link is here:
http://www.remixsite.org/song/detail...iolating_Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Description
My entry for Composition Combat. I focused on the setting of the game for the song, to compliment the mood that would be given. The song focuses on the futuristic holocaust caused by the dependacy and failure of the 'paradise machines*.' The song is written as a videogame title theme would be - it's written in a cinematic fashion, where it's listenable on its own and it wouldn't distract as background music. Along with standard cinematic orchestration, there are a few other instruments thrown into the mix to add the tone of the game. The song evolves, but is cohesive and sounds like a single song rather than a mix of parts. Anyway, before I tell you how the whole song goes, why don't you just listen and see for yourself?

*I almost want to rename my song to "Paradise Machine" now.
On another note, it's said that the song is being processed to mp3 for a while, so there's no quick listen button. All of my other uploads have been near instantaneous, so hopefully this works itself out soon.