View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
I just noticed now that this album does specifically credit both Kozue Ishikawa and Minako Hamano among the composers for the last track megamedley. Since the only piece from Link's Awakening that's represented is "Ballad of the Wind Fish," I wonder if that definitely means they co-composed it? I suppose it's possible that they were both just included as a lump credit for the whole game.

EDIT: Actually, the medley titles given in the notes are made up, and the booklet doesn't say the arranged tune is "Ballad," which we usually use to refer to the solo melody version. The title given in the booklet is "かぜのさかな~しまが消える" ("Wind Fish ~ The Island Disappears"), which sounds like it might be one of the songs during the ending sequence that reprise the melody. The arrangement on this album just uses the melody, but if both are being credited because they collaborated on one of the ending themes, that doesn't necessarily mean they both collaborated on the original melody too.
Now that we have Nippon Columbia's OST, we know that only Minako Hamano wrote the melody of Ballad of the Wind Fish / Island Disappears. So does that mean Kozue Ishikawa should be removed from this entry?