View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
This may be off topic, but why does this page have the Romaji title displayed instead of the English one (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Original Soundtrack)? Has it always been like that? It looks kinda weird as the other Zelda albums are displayed with English title. Just a random note.
The game's English title used to be in the display title (line 1). cal changed this in April 2021. If I had to take a guess, they probably ruled the Japanese name "Mujura" to be different enough from "Majora". Which I agree with, as "Mujura" supposedly comes from mixing syllables from the film title "Jumanji" and the art director's name Imamura. Etymologically, "Majora" seems to be closer to words like "major", "majestic" etc.

So line 1 makes sense to me. But I'm not so clear on whether line 4 should *always* include the official English game title as sort of a semi-official translation of the album title. Here it does (but note that the US printing isn't called "Original Soundtrack" but "Game Music Soundtrack CD Set"). Same deal for Akumajo Dracula Mokushiroku. And Resident Evil.

On Biohazard 2 which also has regionally different game titles, there is no line 4 saying "Resident Evil 2 Original Soundtrack" although a European printing with that exact title exists. Same for Dairantou Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS / for Wii U (although the rest of the album title is a bit different).

On Tenchi Souzou which yet again has regionally different game titles, line 4 says "Terranigma Creative Soundtracks" although there is no non-Japanese printing.