View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:20 AM

Default Version 1.0.16 released

I released a major update to remixSite this afternoon. My current focus is on bugfixes and stability, and this version contains quite a few changes. I'll list them here, but you can always view everything in detail at http://www.shoemakervillage.org/mantis.
  • The star rating system now appears as read-only when viewing your own songs, compared to before where an error would not occur until after the song was rated
  • Users can now change their mind on ratings. Previously, an error occurred indicating there was a duplicate rating.
  • "Ratings" is singular when only one rating is listed
  • Profile pictures are visible when a registered user comments on an existing review
  • Length of time available to edit a review extended to 365 days from 7 days to eliminate confusion
  • Added text notifying users when leaving comments on reviews if they are not logged in
  • Tabs on song details pages for reviews are indexed by username instead of numbers
  • Error in upload process resolved when rogue code checked for invalid filenames, determined they didn't exist, and reported an error. This bug was mostly encountered in Safari.
  • Added safeguard to prevent users from submitting missing songs by using the "Back" button in browsers after a song is submitted
  • Added error codes to file uploads so that users can report the codes when they occur and they can be investigated
  • Resolved extra line issues on revise songs and edit reviews screens
  • Prevented caching which could cause stale images to display on "edit profile" screen after a new picture was uploaded
  • Filenames are no longer cut off in the upload progress bar

The "missing songs" upload problem took about 20 hours to debug, and hopefully it is resolved now. It was a serious issue that hopefully didn't prevent many people from uploading songs. Please test the fix by uploading your songs and reporting any problems.