View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2014, 04:36 AM
VGMdb Staff

Sure, because it's quite hard to click on Bandcamp link and see the current situation
I don't follow your logic.

I totally understand it's not really similar but what if an album simply isn't available anymore for buying. Should the entry here be removed because well, the info is outdated? I've even seen situation like that - user says in the forums something like 'this can't be bought anymore so you can delete the album entry'.

What about the usual holiday sales and price reduction at your familiar & large retailers there? Should we change the price whenever that happens too, to keep up-to-date?

And clearance sale? Suddenly you can buy some album for 5 bucks instead of the original 30 quite officially from the label store itself because it's clearance sale? Change the price here again?

Like _if says it's good to keep the original price for the reference. And exactly that was what we were doing all this time (usually ). Much, much better than jumping on the train of changing prices all over the place.

Release price here is the first one album/single/whatever is sold for (again, if the content is the same). Simple as that.