View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2010, 02:17 AM

Motoaki Takenouchi -- the last I heard from him was the track "Shower" that he wrote for Rina Chinen. great song. that was back in 2000 though. he was responsible for arrangement for a bunch of other random songs too... i think they were all listed on joshinweb. maybe there's some new things, haven't checked in a while. certainly no game stuff that i know of though. I REALLY would love to hear more stuff from him, he's great.

here's some.

Eriko Imura (Klonoa, Wagyan Paradise, Prime Goal 3)
Last known game work: Klonoa 2 (2001)

she only wrote stuff for those four soundtracks. her music for all of them is brilliant. speaking to her on twitter recently, from what I understand she hopes to return to the industry in the near future. I hope so. again, from what I can understand, I think she's been working as a (music?) teacher for some number of years.

Soyo Oka (Super Mario Kart, Sim City, Pilotwings)
Last known game work: Gakkou no Kaidan (2004)

she's at least not disappeared without a trace, and she's on twitter now. the recent arrangement activity is promising too. nonetheless, no known game soundtracks in six years is a bummer. her recent stuff for Nurse Witch, Lagnacure and Gakkou no Kaidan has been pretty nice. maybe she has done more recent games but they're just not mentioned anywhere. methinks it's SEMO interview time...

Masanao Akahori (Cybernator, Brainlord, Exhaust Heat)
Last known game work: X-Squad (2000)

from all I can tell he's been working less on soundtracks and more on sound engineering and localisation in the last decade.

Shinobu Amayake (Stunt Race FX, Wario's Woods(?))

--

all i can think of for the moment

Quote:
The last thing Kanki did was the cancelled Star Fox 2 with Kozue Ishikawa. I guess the former went down with the ship.
almost! her last game work that i know of was "Special Tee Shot" on the SNES, released in 1996 -- a little later than Star Fox 2. Pretty fun soundtrack too! parts definitely remind me of her f-zero work. Who knows where she is now though. I'd like to know, I really like her music.

Quote:
I wonder what other music we would have been graced with if he stayed on the VGM industry.
I seem to remember him doing some earlier NES and disk system games, can't remember which ones though. I know Kanki worked on some NES projects too.