View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 02:16 AM

I see that makes sense, in any case I'd recommend reviewing some of the current translations for the GB Kid Dracula then. 5.35 should probably be changed to "I'm Yukari," wouldn't 5.37 just be "I'm Rich?"

3.36 is a strange one, "グサッとひとさし" is the title of the BGM used for two of the four subgames, the first subgame is one where you stick swords into a barrel with a skeleton in it and try not to let his head pop off. The second one involves using a pogo stick to try and burst balloons with your spiked helmet. In the English version the skeleton subgame was called "Stick' Em" (GB) or "Jab' N Pop" (FC anniversary collection) while the balloon one was called "Jump & Pop" (GB.)

Presumably the title is referring to one of them. I say presumably because the BGM used for the other two subgames, "じゃんけんコウモリ" (Rock-Sapper-Scissors Bat) is referring to the title of game C, "じゃんけん" (Rock-Paper-Scissors/RPS,) despite it also playing for another one of the subgames as well. Anyway, I imagine that it's referring to game B as "グサッといっぱつ" is a similar to "グサッとひとさし."

"グサッと" basically means 'hit/strike home." An English equivalent is 'zunk', or the sound of an arrow hitting its mark. This is likely referring to how you stick swords into the barrel, if we go by the English translation for the famicon version on the recent anniversary collection the best word choice would probably be "Jab." I'm not too sure about "ひとさし" yet though.

Also, I'll try to take a look at some of the other ones later.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Jul 8, 2019 at 02:20 AM.