View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Lastly, I know this isn't my breakdown, but assuming Mari did more than Yasuaki is not something I'd personally believe in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPfu_St60ts#t=6m54s
It may not be an issue of "more", but in this case a large chunk of the music is orchestral. Those tracks share a striking resemblance in sound and style and orchestration to tracks in both Super Ghosts n Ghouls and the first Magical Quest game--the common link between them? Mari Yamaguchi. She's the orchestral composer here, there's no doubt in my mind. There won't be in yours either if you listen closely to those other scores. The orchestration in the three games is far too sophisticated to be shared amongst multiple composers, especially when only one of them has, by way of other scores with her name on them, demonstrated such mastery.

Lunar, it may not be necessary to know any Japanese at all. I am conducting an interview right now with a Japanese composer who preferred we correspond in English. If someone can give me an idea of how to contact her, I'd like to do the same with Yamaguchi.

As for the wikipedia article, the composers are listed in the same order as they are in the video you linked to kyu. Perhaps the author assumed Fujita was the "main" composer because his name was listed first.