View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2017, 06:50 AM

Back in 2002~4, on S.S.H.'s former website with downloadable .mp3s, one of those was an original track titled "Midnight Shooter". The significance of that track title can probably be explained here, on one of Aether/Eru's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bamuMQic1k8

In short, apparently S.S.H. and his friends used to have an Unreal Tournament clan called, confusingly enough, SSH or "Satsuriku Sanka Houdan". Kanjified, it's 殺戮 (Massacre/Slaughter), probably either 傘下 (Affiliation) or 参加 (Participants), and I'm not sure what the last set of Kanji is. Perhaps 砲弾 (Bullets/Ammunition) which makes sense considering it's a First Person Shooter but this is a name of a clan so the "dan" could also be 団 (group/clan). SSH tags himself in-game as "SSH[SSH]".

So logically speaking, "Midnight Shooter" probably refers to their late night FPS deathmatch/capture the flag/what-have-you sessions. Not to speak of the existence of an Unreal music arrange by S.S.H.: Unreal Tournament / Razorback (2004).

Here is the clan member list:

Aether[SSH]
AKKEY[SSH]
Ebox[SSH]
DeadSnake[SSH]
G-Gamma[SSH]
Go-2-Sleep[SSH]
Godspeed[SSH],Whammy[SSH]
Joyh_tv[SSH]
Myun2[SSH],KUMANAVE[SSH]
Lix_8080mix[SSH],Dr.Solo[SSH]
Rute[SSH]
SDH[SSH]
SHN[SSH]
SSH[SSH],Saitama[SSH],JPS[SSH]
$upply[SSH],Bye$ong[SSH]

I wonder if more than half of this list don't have vgmdb artist profiles? With the list presented that way, does this mean SSH has three user names? What does JPS stand for? Note also SDH who I referred to in a previous post.

Also note the URL in the video description box: http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~placebo/ut/ (which I assume was the clan's website).

My memory is quite hazy but I do sort of remember downloading an "original" track called "Theme of Placebo" from his website back in 2003, give or take a year. I put original in quotes because it's basically "Rambling Feather" from Lost Child OST Side-B, except the instrumentation sounds a bit different or maybe it's just differences in volume. I dunno, I'm not good at examining music with a fine-tooth comb. In any case, my theory is that "Theme of Placebo" WAS in fact, an "original" track until he decided to use it for the Lost Child game, and in the process, went through a rename.

In other news, this went under my S.S.H. radar: MintJam / 1st GIG #Awake. No, not the album itself. The arrange of Romancing Saga 3 Last Battle holds up well, even when compared to the recent-ish official Re-Birth arrange a decade later.

No, I'm referring to the "Special Thanks" section in the liner notes:

Quote:
Special Thanks: 中本直宏 (SBP), Eru, Raito, Saitama Saisyu Heiki, Godspeed
What did S.S.H. do to warrant mention? Perhaps he had an uncredited hand in a few of the tracks?

Same story with MintJam / 2nd GIG #Break Out

Quote:
Special Thanks to...
浅田芳行 (DESCARGA Disc), Ice & Choco (あいすとちょこ), Studio Luchs (スタジオルクス), DALL
Zwei Trial, OZM, Saitama Saisyu Heiki, Eru, Azu♪, Soji Kawase (川瀬 蒼司), Kou (晃) (Disaster)