View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2015, 07:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Oh okay, I follow. I was focusing on the spines because I thought they were a bigger part of your argument than they actually were, sorry!

My feeling is that, while the subtitle is printed a whole lot, that shouldn't supersede the fact that the album title never includes it. In all statements of the album's title I see—red text on the case front+case back+booklet front+discs, booklet back, spines, and obi—there's no subtitle. It's only in the logo (with the person on the horse and the katakana below it) and bare statements of the game's title in the trays/booklet/etc. that the subtitle is present.

Basically, I think the title of the game is independent from the title of the album, and I don't think the number of times the subtitle is printed for the game outweighs the number of times "soundtrack" is printed without it. But you feel differently, yeah?

I'm totally good with just punting and including both subtitled and subtitleless versions of the title in some order. Probably should have done that to begin with, to be honest