View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2010, 01:49 PM

I wanted to point out that I never stated that Overclocked ReMix makes money. I stated that some sites do seem interested more in profit than in sharing music, but I did not say that Overclocked ReMix is one of them. This assumption could be seen as an example of bad faith.

But as to bad faith, there seems to be enough of that around the community. Posting almost anything to the Shizz results in a nearly instantaneous display of bad faith. When seifer created remixed.vg, he was basically ridiculed into being banned, and in turn he saw the release of remixSite as some sort of joke aimed at him. Private messages at community websites to musicians are often ignored, and I heard that people assumed that KiddCabbage would not be paid the grand prize for Composition Combat. Some people post at VGMdb or at the Shizz solely because they hate people at Overclocked ReMix and want the site to suffer.

I suggest that bad faith had its origins half a decade ago because of arguments over song removal from sites. Whoever was at fault, artist rights are what led to the splintering of various "factions," and everyone now is hesitant to contribute work because it might be "taken advantage of" by someone else. Memories are long-lasting and rumors spread. There are people who would not submit songs to the last compo because they thought the songs were going to be used in a game without payment. When new sites sprout up, they're seen as attempting to gather music to exploit. Now, people have forgotten what the initial arguments were about and simply continue bickering with each other in various forums about minor things unrelated to music. This disagreement between you and I, in which I assert we are both at fault, is just another example of being caught up in the precedent.

I don't know how to change the issue of bad faith now that it has become entrenched, but this is the core issue with the community. If there were some step that could be taken to stop the cycle of distrust between everyone, then the video game music community would become a force to be reckoned with.

[QUOTE=Liontamer;15664]Haha, I can assure you I've been extremely busy with life. SS has it right when he said if anything'

Last edited by quintin3265; Feb 9, 2010 at 02:03 PM.