View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ako View Post
It's not a stand alone radio program that is not associated with any other product. It's based from an already established product, thus extending that product line for the creators/company catalog.
I've not heard a single game-oriented radio program (though I don't mind solely adding them), so can't really comment on how dependent they are on the original product. Perhaps you may be right.

One reason why I'm not fully convinced by "seiyuu-san still taking about the original game" criteria however is what if they're not talking about the anime at all (Yuko Ogura's True Love Story radio was apparently such a radio, with only the connection to the game was the usage of the game's soundtrack). It'd be seen as a standalone product, and there should be many gray cases between them. Judging by how much they're talking about the game wouldn't be a cut-and-dry standard.

Quote:
It's even more so apparent when the cast of characters/seiyuu's continue their role and talk about the brand and among other things.
A spin-off sharing the same cast doesn't sound very uncommon to me. Rather, game and anime quite often do. And if those seiyuus are taking about stuff not in character (it'd be called drama), there is a difference in roles.

Quote:
Now I am not so sure on this example. Say if Square Enix had a radio program for let's say FINAL FANTASY XIII cast members. Would that be placed in it's own product line (Radio FINAL FANTASY XIII) when knowingly it's extending both Square Enix's catalog and FINAL FANTASY XIII franchise brand?
I'd say, yes, if it'd be just Maaya Sakamoto not as Lightning talking about FFXIII and its spin off.

Quote:
If the decision would be to do just that and willingly ignore such common sense then *throws hands in air* do whatever 'cause it'd baffle me.
No, your opinion should be respected. We might be ignorant with the specific area where somebody else specializes in, and we're definitely lacking any avid radio listeners.