View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:41 PM

I discovered some time ago that Song of Nephilim uses a fairly popular vocal sample or imitates one, i wouldn't have thought that this work is not all original.

@BahamutZ
My opinion is quite the opposite, this album was the first i heard by Mitsuda, back in 2002 when i played the game, and i still think this album is a symphonic masterpiece. Best tracks: Battle's End, U-TIC Facility, The Girl Who Closed Her Heart, KOS-MOS, Ormus, Song of Nephilim, The Miracle.
Then i got interested in Mitsuda so i listened to Xenogears but surprisingly i felt it was mostly forgettable.

@Jormungand
My biggest problem with Xenosaga Episode I the game was that the battles were too frequent and repetitive, but at least the characters and the story were good, the thematics and the depth especially. Episode II the game was a similar chore battle-wise and it didn't really start even a few hours in so i stopped playing. The Episode II and III OSTs are by Yuki Kajiura so they should be interesting.

And there's Xenosaga: The Animation, an anime series that retells the story of Episode I. It's OST is fairly good (Battle Strategy Conference, Requiem).